Photography By: Madison Bamert Photography http://www.madisonbamert.com/blog/

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Trinity & Chasity

     A friend of ours recently called me and asked me to make some frames for her girls for Christmas. I was honored and looking forward to creating something different. George (our friend from Medical School) and his wife Mandy are moving so that George can begin his practice out of residency. Congratulations Georgey! Well since they are moving the two girls Trinity and Chasity will now have their own rooms. So Mandy let them choose the colors for their new rooms. Chasity wanted purple, and Momma wanted cream and gold incorporated too. Trinity loves Hello Kitty, so she chose black, white, and pink for her room. Mandy wanted the frames made as a special Christmas gift for the girls to have in their new rooms.
I began by painting Chasity's frame a deep purple, and I used other tones of purple throughout the frame. I found a beautiful purple and white patterned scrapbook paper, so that set the theme for the frame. Mandy said use your creativity, so that is what I tried to do. The other paper on the frame is clear with an elegant cream pattern on it. I loved this paper because it allowed the purple paint on the frame to show through. I chose white lettering for Chasity's name.
You all know I love ribbon! I used gold and purple ribbon at the top, and added a light purple flower for some contrast. I found the purple butterflies at Hobby Lobby, and I knew I had to figure out a way to put them on this frame. The gold embellishment on the left side of the frame I found and figured it would add a touch of elegance. Momma Mandy said that the furniture in Chasity's room is cream and gold antique, so I really hope that this frame fits into her sweet little room perfectly!
With Trinity's frame I began by painting the frame black. I used two different patterned cardstocks. The first black and white polka dot, and the other pink and white. I used pink ribbon at the top on the black and white cardstock. Then I put more black, pink, and white ribbon underneath a black and white polka dot flower. I added the pink flower on top of the black and white flower, and then overlapped the whole thing on top of a black embellishment. The crown I had found and new that it would be very fitting for Ms. Mandy's little princess.
I added pink ribbon at the bottom also, I thought it would tie in with the top part of the frame. The studs on the side were just to give that side of the frame a little touch of pretty.
This was my first time to make frames for older children. I will say that I loved the challenge, and I hope that Mandy and her girls loved the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment