Photography By: Madison Bamert Photography http://www.madisonbamert.com/blog/

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Elizabeth's Bow Holder

My dear friend Allison is expecting a sweet little girl any day now. As soon as I found out she was having a girl I had my heart set on making a bow holder for her. I love little bows and every girl should have a pretty place to put them. Allison's little girls name is going to Elizabeth Rose Brendel, so I knew I wanted to either put her name or her initials. I asked Allison and she said her initials. The bedding is a caramel and cream color with birds, flowers and branches. Allison is incorporating dark brown and light yellow in with it.  I took these four colors and used them as my color pallet.
I began by painting a wooden piece of wood I got at Hobby Lobby. I then used Mod Podge to put the scrapbook paper on. No I did not paint those stripes they are paper.
I finally decided to do her initials in a cream color. However, once I Mod Podged them on, I wasn't completely in love with the look. So, I pulled out my craft supplies and rummaged through and I found the pearls that are on each letter. I think it added a classy look, much like my sweet friend Allison.
I love adding bible verses whenever I can. This one is one of my favorites for little girls, "The King is enthralled by your beauty, honor Him for He is your Lord," Psalm 45:11. I was able to incorporate just a touch of yellow by adding flowers. I layered all the flowers and put buttons in the middle of each cluster.
I added dark brown ribbon as the final touch. I was able to fly down for the shower and deliver this gift in person. Allison I hope that all of Elizabeth's bows fit perfectly and beautifully on this bow holder. Much like she will into your sweet family.

1 comment:

  1. And we LOVE it!!!! :) Her bows are already all hanging and waiting for her arrival.

    ReplyDelete