Photography By: Madison Bamert Photography http://www.madisonbamert.com/blog/

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 21, 2012

A New Planter

     Pintrest has got me hooked on redoing everything I can get my hands on (children permitting). I love to see old things get new life. I also have not finished decorating our house yet. I know, I know, we have been here a year already, but it is coming together slowly. Anyway, on to the title of this blog, a new planter. Well my Momma had gotten Rylan a train set at a garage sale. The set came in this really cute, old type of wooden box. Well as soon as I saw the box, I knew I was going to do something with it, and the train set could find a new home. The box was mine. I wanted to use it as a planter, and I originally thought I was going to put it outside. After I painted it, however, I came up with a new idea for it. Still going to be a planter just not outside, it was going in "the lodge" (our back room) to hold one of the many house plants I have.
This was the box before........
Another look at it. I decided to paint it white, mainly because I am really into painting everything white right now. I am into that shabby chic, Potterybarn look these days. So white is what I went with.  When I was done painting, I knew I wanted to add something to it; it needed something else.  A look that is really in (for some reason) is writing numbers on things. Like No. 3, No. 7 and so on. So I decided I would go with that also. I chose to do No. 4, because there are four of us in our family. So I free handed the No. 4 on the front in black. This is the final project.....................
I love it! Easy, cheap, simple, and it adds a little character to our once bare fireplace.
Don't you love the little birdhouse off to the side? A Rylan project. It was supposed to go outside. That is until I realized that I let him paint it with washable paints, oops.
A new planter that cost me nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Cute Kayla!! Pinterest has really sparked my interest in crafts too. I keep coming up with things to do for our nursery :)

    ReplyDelete